DIY Chair Cover

I really didn't think I'd "need" a rocker/glider for my nursery but then I came across a free one and thought "Free? I can afford free!" Let me tell you, it has been so nice to have one, especially for midnight feedings. 



I found the tutorial for this on Pinterest and since bloggers gotta help each other out, I will put the link to this fabulous gal's site below. Her instructions are perfect, so there's no need for me to repeat them! But I will throw my 2 cents in and mention that these chair pads were dusty! After debating how to clean them and calling carpet cleaner after carpet cleaner (which charged an arm and a leg to clean them) I took them down to a local car detail shop and they shampooed them for $10! 
So if you do come across a used chair I'd recommend cleaning the pads even if you are going to cover it because you know, we want a sterile baby room! Or maybe I'm just crazy that way? 


Here's the link and have a great time sewing!



Below are the pictures of my before and after, I used flannel because it was on sale! 









1 comment:

  1. Isn’t it so exciting and interesting to see that you can do something or crafts on your own. Those DIY tips and tutorials are so helpful for you to become creative and artistic in your own way.

    ReplyDelete